P.S.

Friday 12 April 2013

 On Wednesday evening my sister, mom and I went to Home Club at The Riverwalk to watch Phil Kaye and Sarah Kay perform spoken word. It was a last minute decision to go because it was held in a nightclubby/pub sort of place and the internet kept saying that it was an R18 event -.-
It's not really
So anyway, here are some photos of what happened. The entire room was just crammed with people, and the entire first half hour of being there was mainly people trying to push forward to get nearer to the stage. The first hour of poetry was by local poets (of which I have videos but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post them lol) and some of them were aahhmazziinggghh
Then Sarah and Phil came through the crowd
LIKE, WALKED IN FROM THE ENTRANCE TO THE STAGE
THROUGH THE CROWD
AND I WAS LIKE |-----------------------|
THIS CLOSE TO THEM.
HOLY SHIT. 


I have a couple of videos of their poems but again, not allowed to post. Instead, here's a list of the poems they performed (that I can remember)

She Asks Me
Montauk
An Origin Story
Vagina
Point B
Repetition (!!!!)
When Love Arrives

That's all I can remember lol. But they each did one new poem
For some reason or another, you haven't heard of them, here's one of their poems:

It was such an inspirational and funny night and I'm so glad I got to experience it 
whooooooooooooooooo!

Poetry is like pooping. If there's a poem in you, it has to come out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

krinjgy All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger